Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Two Years of Monsters

Hey folks, sorry for the lack of monsters recently. I've been super busy lately (storyboard tests, job interviews, etc) and monsters unfortunately fell by the wayside

But now we're back! And this month this blog celebrated it's two-year anniversary!

I talked a little bit about the origins of the blog in this one-year anniversary post and not a whole lot has changed since then. I still produce these things pretty fast as I'm trying to tap into my subconscious. I think it's really fun to discover the monster as I draw it.

What has changed over the year is how experimental the monsters have become as I've really started playing around with different mediums and materials. I now create monsters in Illustrator and Flash as well as Photoshop and I try to use as many different dry media brushes as possible. I really like texture so any opportunity to make the stuff I create digitally look more tactile is fine by me.

I'm still learning how to be a better artist and I'm really happy this blog has managed to gain something of an audience. Ultimately, I want to entertain and I hope all of you are having a good time.

Here's to another year of monsters!

Best wishes,
Ryan

Here are some of my favorite monsters from the last year:

The Happy Bear




 The Lelps


Tembo



Sydney


No comments: